Join the City of El Cajon for its free, family-friendly community festival, “America on Main Street!” This patriotic tribute is planned to coincide with the nationally recognized Armed Forces Day and celebrates the American spirit through appreciation and respect of the many diverse, ethnic, and historical groups in the community. The theme this year is “A Salute to Heroes!”
Special highlights include:
• 1:30 p.m. Naturalization Ceremony (75 to 100 becoming U.S. Citizens)
• Armed Forces Day Tribute – Military Coast Guard Flyover at 2 p.m.
• Over 150 booths
• Military displays, the Statue of Liberty and other patriotic displays
• Three stages of live entertainment – featuring over 30 bands & community groups
• Street Performers
• American and ethnic food booths throughout the event
• Carnival Rides
• Arts and Crafts
• Petting Zoo – Unique animals, including a llama
• Closing the night with a laser light show
Festivities and street closures are located on East Main Street and Rea Avenue, between Magnolia Avenue and Ballantyne Street/Avocado Avenue.