ESCONDIDO–Every year since 1998, the Escondido Police Department has hosted an annual Christmas party to give kids who have been the victims of abuse, neglect, and violent crime a Christmas they might not otherwise get to experience.
This year the party will be held on December 7 at police headquarters. The event will include food, a magic show, face painting, a visit with Santa Claus, and every child in attendance will receive gifts.
Local residents can donate a new, unwrapped toy for a boy or girl ages newborn to 18-years-old at the following drop off locations:
- Escondido Police Department front lobby – 1163 N. Centre City Pky, Escondido
- Escondido Federal Credit Union – 201 N. Broadway, Escondido
- Escondido City Hall – 201 N. Broadway, Escondido
- Westfield Shopping Center (near the EPD classic car) – 200 E. Via Rancho Pky, Escondido
- Blue Mug Coffee & Tea – 1882 W. El Norte Pky, Escondido
- North County Yamaha – 2333 Montiel Rd, San Marcos
- CrossFit Point A – 688 Rancheros Dr #C, San Marcos
- CrossFit Iconic – 237 E. Valley Pky, Escondido
All locations will be collecting gifts until December 1.